The City Attorney is appointed by the City Manager for an indefinite term. The City Attorney serves as the head of the department of law and shall:
- Give legal advice on questions submitted to him by the City Manager and/or City Council, when the subject matter concerns the powers of any municipal officials or employees, or the performance of their duties.
- Draft such ordinances, resolutions, notices, forms, leases, deeds, papers or other documents as may be required of him by the City Council.
- Authorized to appear, prosecute and defend all actions wherein the City of Blanchard, Oklahoma, is a party, and he shall institute proceedings in courts of law upon the order of the City Council.
- Allowed actual and necessary traveling and hotel expenses while outside the City of Blanchard, Oklahoma, and on official business for said City; provided, that, his business has been approved and directed by the City Council.
- Perform such other duties as the City Council may require; provided, that, such duties are included within the scope of the contractual arrangement.
|David Perryman||City Attorney||(405) 224-0237|